Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prometheus Review and other

New title (Autism Denied) and edits made. Final publishing should be done by tomorrow morning. I think it is finally done. Now, I can move onto my WIP.  One is being reviewed by agents and being queried. The other is the novella, and I figure I have about 20 to 40 more pages to go. But it's hard to estimate, really.  I would like to experiment with some quick scary shorts (a collection) but I don't want to get too sidetracked. I think I could do it. It's been a long day. 

 Prometheus Review:  I don't think it was like Alien (a few parts maybe). It got 4 stars but it must have been for the special effects which were over the top!!!  It was, overall, entertaining and kept my attention. Yet, the script and dialogue were a bit hokey and forced at times. Also, some plot points were not clearly embedded but rather plopped down without an anchor. For instance, the "father" and "mother" situation. This kept on without any real significance after all. I'd say the beginning was great! I really liked the intro (special effects) but the end was ALL special effects, edge of your seat kind of stuff and the outcome was ridiculous and melodramatic. I won't give away too much.  The eerie music you hear on the trailer, btw, is not included (too bad).

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

toodles