Friday, August 17, 2012

Publishing is Broken...Forbes

Great article I came across http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidvinjamuri/2012/08/15/publishing-is-broken-were-drowning-in-indie-books-and-thats-a-good-thing/6/.

David does a nice job of spelling it out, in honest fashion, why the the tension exists between indie authors and traditional authors. I, too, am convinced that there is the meritocracy piece of it. As far as I'm concerned, an artist is an artist is an artist. And independent publishing helps to level the playing field, for sure. Traditional publishing can take years! If you want readers and your writing has been reviewed and is polished and you have worked at it for a long time, I say take the bull by the horns and get it out there. Let the readers be the judges.

Thanks for the visit. Subscribe, leave a comment, support me in m pursuit of the evolving self-pubbing industry and all authors who craft an work tirelessly to tell a story!

eb