Saturday, April 20, 2013

Reviews are Bread and Butter for Indie Authors

I don't want to write in a vaccuum. I don't think any writer does. Writers spend countless hours in isolation tweaking, editing, researching, finding just the right way to create a scene. So when I receive my second 5 star review for Autism Denied, I'm thankful someone took the time to read my collection and actually found it "very touching" and even cried at parts. These stories, two in particular, are close to my heart. It touches me that I touched someone with my words.

And when I receive a 3 star review and the reader who doesn't normally read short stories enjoyed mine, Dying for Dusty, and will "definitely watch for more from this author" that makes my day.

So, thanks to my readers. You make it all worth it.

Leave a comment with a link to your blog or website!