Saturday, May 11, 2013

WORD OF PIA PART II EXCERPT

I am almost ready to release Word of Pia Trilogy part II. I've been going off in many directoins and as it happens I'm not sure where this one will take me. Here is a peek:

Maurice, where are you Maurice. I need you. You’re calling me. I hear you. I need to go, Markel. I need to go home. I need Maurice. I don’t say that. “Will you be okay?”
“I’m always okay,” he says, dazed, trance-like. The cat lopes towards him. I see Markel pull the cat to him. Go now. Get out. I reach for the door handle. A wind whips my hair. Debris flies by. The trees bend, limbs crack. A black shelf forms overhead and I look back again at Markel, walking quickly towards me as if he might try to prevent me from leaving. I freeze. He is holding the cat, but something is different. It’s not the black and white one. It’s an orange one. “Where did you…?” My words trail off. “I need to go, Markel.”
"Pia is here. The storm is coming. The storm is gaining speed.” He points to the sky.